Time format

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 24 09:43:45 UTC 2011

On 23/08/11 21:12, Colin Law wrote:
> On 23 August 2011 09:06, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>>> This has all got a bit confusing. Â I think it would be a good idea if
>>> you described *exactly* what you do and what does and does not happen.
>>> Â Do not just say things like time and date settings work in most
>>> fields, as we may not know exactly which app you are using. Â So
>>> describe what you do to get the settings up, what you change, and what
>>> result you see, and where the result is seen (in the time display in
>>> top panel for example).
>>>
>>> Though why anyone would want am/pm format time is a wonder to me.
>>>
>>> Colin
>>
>> Colin, old boy, I admire your stamina and persistence - but I am afraid that
>> you have created the confusing situation for yourself :-) .
>>
>> Read back over the thread and you will find that you replied to Roberto, and
>> not to something which "molax" wrote.
> I don't think so, it was definitely molax who wrote "Time and Date
> Settings work in most fields. But the settings take no effect when set
> to AM/PM. It worked whe I first installed the OS. The software has
> been updated several times from that  point to now."
>
> Colin

Yep, he (molax) did write that but what started "the hares running" was
your reply to Roberto which you thought was from 'molax' :-) .

But no problemo - I can see that even NoOp has now got himself embroiled
in the 'intricacies' of this thread :-) .

BC

--
"Oh what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive."