Is Dillo Missing From Natty's repos?

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 09:02:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 10:14:49 -0500
Jordon Bedwell <jordon at envygeeks.com> wrote:

> On 08/21/2011 06:50 AM, Dejan Ribič wrote:
> > Dne 21.8.2011 13:37, piše Graham Todd:
> >> I can't find the Dillo web-browser in Natty's repos and I need it
> >> to be able to use one of the html plugins with the Claws-Mail
> >> email package (my MUA of choice).
> >>
> >> The Dillo web page gives only the source code, not the .deb
> >> binary, and there are problems with the fltk dependency.  When
> >> compiling the source code, a message is flagged that the FLTK
> >> dependency can't be found.
> >>
> >> I suppose I could go back to Lucid but that's like putting the
> >> clock back.
> >>
> >> I haven't been keeping up with the forum lately as I've been in
> >> hospital, but can anyone inform me why a dependency of one of the
> >> listed items in Natty's repos is not included in the same repos?
> >>
> >> Dillo is a nice lightweight browser for most of my purposes (I
> >> have to use Firefox sometimes, though) and I guess it would be the
> >> browser best used by those with limited resources, so why can't I
> >> find it in the repos for Natty?
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > well it says in README that you can get FLTK2 from:
> > http://www.dillo.org/dillo-2.x/fltk-2.0.x-r7513.tar.bz2 so I would
> > suggest that you do that, because it looks like that Dillo is
> > curently under develepmont at launchpad:
> > https://launchpad.net/dillo you can always join the team and help
> > them make .deb packages.
>
> Read: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=577019

AAAH...that explains it:

Please remove dillo:
- Depends on long-obsolete GTK 1.2 libs (#515271)
- Broken HTTPS support (#510348)
- Security bugs unfixed for more than nine months (#535788), #560874
- Newer upstream releases depend on fltk2 which has license problems
- Unmaintained (#575240)

I guess I'll have to inform the Claws-Mail list.....

Graham