Is Dillo Missing From Natty's repos?

Dejan Ribič dejan.ribic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 11:50:04 UTC 2011

Dne 21.8.2011 13:37, piše Graham Todd:
> I can't find the Dillo web-browser in Natty's repos and I need it to be
> able to use one of the html plugins with the Claws-Mail email package
> (my MUA of choice).
>
> The Dillo web page gives only the source code, not the .deb binary, and
> there are problems with the fltk dependency.  When compiling the source
> code, a message is flagged that the FLTK dependency can't be found.
>
> I suppose I could go back to Lucid but that's like putting the clock
> back.
>
> I haven't been keeping up with the forum lately as I've been in
> hospital, but can anyone inform me why a dependency of one of the
> listed items in Natty's repos is not included in the same repos?
>
> Dillo is a nice lightweight browser for most of my purposes (I have to
> use Firefox sometimes, though) and I guess it would be the browser best
> used by those with limited resources, so why can't I find it in the
> repos for Natty?

Hi,

well it says in README that you can get FLTK2 from:
http://www.dillo.org/dillo-2.x/fltk-2.0.x-r7513.tar.bz2 so I would
suggest that you do that, because it looks like that Dillo is curently
under develepmont at launchpad: https://launchpad.net/dillo you can
always join the team and help them make .deb packages.

Cheers,

Dejan