Downgrade Thunderbird 6 to Thunderbird 5 from PPA

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 19 07:38:28 UTC 2011

On 19/08/11 15:09, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 07:41, Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  wrote:
>> I just discovered that I have Virtual Identity installed in TB - but I have
>> never used it. After I installed Add-on Compatibility Reporter (which is the
>> extension I was referring to above) for Thunderbird I think VI now works -
>> but I haven't tried it because I don't even have it configured. However, you
>> use it so perhaps you could see if it does work after installing ACR.
>>
> The issue is not bumping a version number: the extension breaks and
> prevents the user from sending mail.

Suit yourself but even though I have never used VI until just now and do
not have it configured in any way I have sent a couple of test messages
to myself without any problems.

This response is also being typed and sent with VI enabled.

BC

--
"Oh what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive."