Add-on not being compatible with latest releases of Firefox

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 20:55:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 12:47 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 18 August 2011 12:28, Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> > If it weren't for my current belief that you are not a complete deadhead, I
> > would have responded to this stupid respsonse of yours in a totally
> > different manner.
> >

> Delightful. I was merely pointing out that it's nobodys fault than
> your own if you're running "crack of the day" that it breaks now and
> then.
>
> > Firstly, as I mentioned, someone mentioned in this mail list that FF 8 was
> > much faster than the version I installed (#7), and an improvement on version
> > #6, available in Ubuntu, after which I installed Aurora #8 from the Mozilla
> > site and found that it WAS was faster than FF6 and even #7 - and which I
> > acknowledged in this list.
> >

> Speed comes at a price.
>
> > You made no comment about this in this list at the time.
> >

> I (and everyone else for that matter) am under no obligation to
> respond to every mail.
>
> > But now, suddenly, you come out and decide to make an 'in depth
> > observation'.
> >

> You asked a specific question, I gave an answer, sorry you don't like
> the answer.
>
> > Is my post off-topic and not relevant to those who may be using Firefox #7
> > or #8, or now #9?

> > Secondly, what was your purpose in stating what you just stated above when
> > someone here posted a totally useless piece of info about taking apart a
> > mouse to get rid of some crap inside it and which had nothing remotely do
> > with anything  associated with Ubuntu or Linux?
> >

> I have no idea what you're talking about. I sometimes miss mails, so
> maybe I missed this interesting tid-bit of mouse control.

That was me! I merely posted that during the install of my new
motherboard that it went ape, and I found out later that my optical
mouse was ragging the USB subsystem with a clogged up mouse wheel. Once
I cleaned it out, everything went back to normal. Just a head's up for
anyone else dealing with a new install and potential gotcha's. It's
there for posterity. That's all... apparently newer motherboards are a
lot less forgiving. Ric

Linux user# 44256