Tero Pesonen mail at tpesonen.net
Sun Aug 14 17:12:35 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-08-14 at 11:50 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 08/14/2011 11:31 AM, Tero Pesonen wrote:
> > On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 17:37 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> > OK, sorry. Obviously when oy wrote that the entire justification for
> > plaintext is bandwith restrictions, you of course meant that this is the
> > universal truth and not just your case. Well, as I said in my earlier
> > message, no, it is not the sole justification for plaintext and that
> > yes, there are other reasons as well for preferring plaintext. For me,
> > for instance, bandwith plays no role what so ever.
> >
> > So there you go. It is not the entire justification. It may be one
> > justification.
> >
> > OK? Is this difficult? I hope not.
>
> And is it difficult for you to realise it's not just about /you/?

Oh, here we go again...

Wasn't the entire point of my original comment that by opting to send
BOTH html and plaintext that person had respected *everyone's*
preferences, not just his or mine or yours, and without breaking list
rules, which, as far as I am aware, nowhere say anything about HTML or
plaintext? IF they do then I DO apologize. But please, direct me towards
those rules, then, because I have not seen them. They are not on the
sign-up page, nor in the code of conduct. I am in favour of letting the
receiver choose when nothing more specific is dictated, as was the case
here according to my best knowledge. He let that happen and I said that
was a good thing.

Then you go an say that no, it is not a good thing because HTML consumes
bandwith and that is the *sole* reason for preferring plaintext. I go an
say, no it is not.

Come on. Why do you need to try and make me look selfish and stupid?