Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Sun Aug 14 16:52:12 UTC 2011

On 08/14/2011 11:43 AM, Tero Pesonen wrote:
>> Heh, you can't win, Jordon, when the subject line of this thread started
>> off empty. <chuckles> Tero, since Unix has been around since the dawn of
>> time, old geeks are used to using plain text and for eons bandwidth has
>> been a consideration.
>
> Where does it state that? I am in favour of rejecting HTML here, but the
> list code of conduct has opted not to do so. Nor did the sign up page
> that I used do so. Or mention anything about top/bottom posting for that
> matter.

It's official, you are the straw man.  Also:

"Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible. Some people may find
it more difficult to read or reply to these emails. Also, HTML email
takes up more space, so people with restricted Internet access will be
happier to receive plain text emails." <
http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists enough with your
trolling straw man.