text blurry (slurred) on ubuntu maverick 10.10

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sat Aug 13 21:23:12 UTC 2011

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 14:43 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> > On 13 August 2011 10:12, user1 <bqz69 at telia.com> wrote:
> > > I am using ubuntu maverick 10.10.
> > >
> > > The text on the screen becomes slurred and blurry and almost
> > > unreadable from time to time?
> >
> > You will need to provide a lot more information.
> >
> > What kind of computer? What model of graphics card? What driver and
> > what revision? What kind of monitor or display?
>
> The brand name and proof for the tequila would be good. Sorry,
> <grins> but is this onboard graphics with shared memory?? Or a
> dedicated graphics card? Like Liam sez, we need some info. Ric

The command

sudo lshw -c display

in a terminal reveals the wanted details about your graphics hardware.
Another useful info is the native resolution of the monitor and the
actually used resolution. The command

xrandr

should reveal that detail. If the used resolution isn't the native
resolution of the monitor, it could become blurry - depending on the
scaling factor. I'm not sure if that is true for a CRT monitor, but LCDs
don't work too well with lower resolution than the native one.

Nils