Command help

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 08:41:38 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 10:15 +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> nathan nolast wrote:
> > still not really sure what top posting is
>
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting>
>
> > or how to prevent it.
>
> Reply beneath the quoted text?

Just like I just did. Notice the rest of the list does the same. Trust
me, it will make much sense to you, Nathan, as you use it. Private
communication, top post away, both of you know what was said and putting
your reply at the top just seems faster to the delete button. But, in a
technical setting, answer follows problem, just like a conversation.
Answer before Question = no sense to a third party reading it. Another
reason to have a good subject line is so that a 3rd party doing a google
search will find the answer, as well as you. Ahhh... the niceties of a
Linux crowd. Go into a forum mixed with Windows users and one goes mad
and search of a drink. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256