Command help

nathan nolast nathan1465 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:34:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 16:30 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> > >>

> > > Please don't top post

> > > That is just annoying and doesn't mean squat legally. Ric
> >
> > I'll see you in court.
>
> Ha! I'm intimate with the court system, basically whoever wants to press
> an issue has to pay first to do so. Telling people in a public forum
> that this email has blah blah, isn't a winner in court. I think any
> lawyer will take your money, but an honest one would tell you upfront
> that it would lose, after taking his consult fee.
>
> Now, in a client relationship, with GUARDED proprietary secrets, and
> written statements to that effect, etc, that would win. But not in a
> public tech support list, or Facebook or anything social where your
> email is routinely shared with strangers and you know it is by
> subscribing to it. My old attorney in Texas told me he's sue anyone for
> anything, as long as I paid him upfront. <chuckles> ...and that's the
> way it is. So, those footer legalese statements have a place, but in a
> public forum, they are just irritating and irrelevant. :) Ric

> Linux user# 44256

read this
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/mailing-list-faq/etiquette.html

still not really sure what top posting is or how to prevent it.

sorry, i will try to remember to delete my signature when i talk on the
list,

--
Thank you for your time
~Nathan
nathan1465 at gmail.com

*Please consider the environment before printing this email. *