dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/linux-image-2.6.32-33-server_2.6.32-33.71_amd64.deb

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 11 15:29:46 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011 05:03 AM, Peng Yu wrote:
>>> See below
>>> debconf: DbDriver "config": /var/cache/debconf/config.dat is locked by
>>> another process: Resource temporarily unavailable
>>
>> The suggestion to use -v was futile because the error was in plain site.
>> Try:
>>
>> sudo fuser -k /var/cache/debconf/config.dat
>
> Here is the output of the command.
>
> /var/cache/debconf/config.dat: 21858

If you follow the link in the bug report that I gave you & in particular:

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debconf/+bug/349469/comments/5>
and the link there:
<https://wiki.edubuntu.org/DebuggingInstallationIssues>
[DbDriver "config" is locked]

You'll see that the output of that command is telling you which pid is
locking the process. Look at which process is using that pid via:

$ ps -e | grep 21858

that way you'll know what it is.

Then kill it:

$ sudo kill 21858