Install of java jdk failed

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 14:49:01 UTC 2011

On 08/10/2011 02:04 AM, d~_*b wrote:
> On 10 August 2011 08:35, Jim Byrnes<jf_byrnes at comcast.net>  wrote:
>>
>> I tried installing sun-java6-jdk on Ubuntu 10.04 using Synaptic.
>> The instructions I followed said that I would have to accept the
>> license, an entry would be in system-->admin and the files would be
>> in /usr/lib/jvm.  None of that happened.
>>
>> What do I need to do to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks,  Jim
>>

> install it via the cmd line sudo aptitude install sun-java6-jdk
>
> This will invoke a terminal window for you to accept the license
> (navigate using<tab>  and accept using<spacebar>)
>
> -- &  Ru Chelladurai

Thanks but trying that I still don't see that option.

$ sudo aptitude install sun-java6-jdk
[sudo] password for me:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information