Trying Kmail

James Freer jessejazza3 at aol.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 22:04:05 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net>
To: Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 21:10
Subject: Re: Trying Kmail

Tero Pesonen wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 15:07 -0400, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>> Tero Pesonen wrote:
to another

>>> Why ISP? Why not change you email service provider instead. Using a
>>> well-ran, for-fee email service usually rids one of all sorts Gmail,
>>> Hotmail, Yahoo etc. nonsense.
>>>
>> 	Know one that does IMAP access for free? Without silly-low limits
on
>> things?
>
> You may want to ask at www.emaildiscussions.com. If there's a good
free
> IMAP service, they'll know it. Though I wonder if offering a decent
IMAP
> service that is free is even feasible.
>
> Of the paid services I would recommend e.g. Tuffmail for terrific IMAP
> support, fine-grain control and effective spam filtering. There are
many
> others as well. Some have been mentioned in this thread and the
> aforementioned site will provide discussion on still many more.
>
> Tero Pesonen

	I've tried a few different free IMAP server. AIM mail was slow. Zoho
had annoying quirks (don't recall exactly what)

The other in the top 6 of this list:
http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/tp/free_pop3_email.htm
had limits which I didn't agree with.
	I ended up with GMail, because I didn't want to waste any more time
screwing around. I can deal with it's quirks about hiding my list mail
submissions...

	'Course, I wonder if Yahoo would be upset at me if I discovered the
settings that they use for IMAP on the iPhone, and applied those to
Thunderbird...

--- Dave Woyciesjes

--Dave

I tried that after someone claimed it would work but i couldn't get it
going. Be grateful if you'd let me know if you're successful.

--james