Please help Ubuntu 11.04

Aron Schwartz doit613 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:20:19 UTC 2011

Hi, I recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 and am having a very frustrating time
trying to connect to my wifi. My wireless card is Broadcom4322 - I went into
Windows and downloaded the driver (.deb) onto a usb  - when I try to extract
it in Linux it doesnt work I get " " is not a debian format archive. So I
think I have the driver for broadcom4322 but cant extract it. I went back to
Windows and searched for this error and found a paragraph long Command to
put into the terminal window that might debug the error - unfortunately when
I tried opening this command via Word document in Ubuntu all I get is code
gibberish =/. Trying to type it out in terminal only led to technical
errors. So if anyone can help with:
1. an alternate way of activating Broadcom4322 Wifi
2. how to extract .deb or .tar.gz files without errors
3. how to open text commands in Ubuntu without only seeing code
any help would be appreciated, thanks - Eric

--
*Yours sincerely,
                      Eric Schwartz*