Asus X50SL kernel 3.0.1 wireless problem

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Tue Aug 9 13:23:22 UTC 2011

On 09/08/11 07:39, Dejan Ribič wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Natty 64-bit on my Asus X50SL, I have a custom built 3.0.1
> installed, and all is working fine except the wlan, the system doesn't
> even find any wi-fi card in the system and whats more strange is that
> when i boot Ubuntu with 2.6.39.4(also custom built, same configuration
> as 3.0.1) my wi-fi card is working perfectly.

I hate to say this but once you build a custom Kernel it's up to YOU to
support it since we don't know how you compiled it what your
configurations were and the whole 9 yards, to put it quite frank,
support questions like this are loaded for fail because you've left out
so much information that we need.