Test msg!

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 9 06:50:58 UTC 2011

On 8 August 2011 21:43, Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 8 August 2011 21:20, Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>>       As a Gmail user myself (yeah, I hate to admit it... ;) I do have
>>> the
>>> option set (in the Ubuntu-Users options) to receive my own posts, but
>>> GMail
>>> still doesn't pass those on to me.
>>
>> For me it is only my initial post that is not shown.  Later ones from
>> me do appear in my gmail inbox.
>>
>> Colin
>>
>        Hmmm, none of the messages I send to Ubuntu-Users (or any other
> mailing list I'm on) come back to me....
>        I've looked through the GMail settings and found nothing helpful in
> that regards...

OK, the only time I do not see a message in my inbox is if I am the
OP, and then it is only my first message that does not appear.  In
fact I think that as soon as at least one reply is received then even
my original appears.  The whole conversation is available both in my
inbox and in Sent.

A couple of thoughts.  I have Conversation View enabled, so the whole
thread is seen in a block.  Perhaps that is a factor.  Also I am
applying a label via a filter, I could imagine this making a
difference as the message coming back will have the label applied.  I
have a filter on Ubuntu in the 'to' field and apply a label "Ubuntu",
though I don't suppose the details of the filter and label are
significant.

I understand now why people are bothered by this if *none* of their
list messages appear.

Colin