Printer's font

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Fri Aug 5 21:09:35 UTC 2011

On 05/08/11 13:13, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 22:33 +0530, H.S.Rai wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I collected about 4 various old timey line printers that could print a
>> > box of paper in no time flat. They weighed a ton, too! Ah... the days of
>>
>> If I can get reply to my query, I will be grateful.
>>
>> Discussion have been taken a different turn ;-)
>
> Then it looks like no one has a good answer for you except, as noted,
> you have just a small selection of fonts builtin to your printer that
> you can use. I would suggest you consult your user manual (or Google
> <GASP!>) for ideas, as no one else seems to have a clue. Your printer
> may work in Windows with some sort of installed driver, and you would
> need the same for your Linux install then.
>
> There is the old HOW-TO on Linux printing to read, or google on that.
> Maybe you can get it to cough something out from command line. If that
> doesn't work, you'll need to invest even more google time for an answer.
> Sorry, I'm not sure my old serial 300 baud Teletype would work with
> Linux anymore. :( Ric

If I remember right (and I could be way wrong since I don't mess with
printers much because everything I do is digital) you have to force the
font with the browser? I don't think there is a way to force the system
to use a default font for printing, I guess you could pull some IO
trickery and print it to a file, convert it then send it to the printer
but that would probably be way above what you want and it would be
easier to just go ahead and buy a new printer since now days they are
really cheap.