Modified Ubuntu server (10.04) image with iso-scan/filename (casper)?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Fri Aug 5 15:51:21 UTC 2011

On 08/05/2011 11:23 PM, Goh Lip wrote:

> I think Oliver is talking about booting up the iso file directly from
> grub2 by using loopback.

.
.
> Oliver, if that is what you are referring to, and if you find a way to
> boot up without casper, let us know too.

*OR*
If you just want a way to find the media where the file is located, just
use search.file

search.file /xxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxx.iso --set=root

The following
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html#Embedded-configuration

gives examples of search.fs_label and search.fs_uuid
but search.file is equally valid.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, though.

Regards - Goh Lip

--
Do not read this sentence.