How to Install UVC Pack?

GaryT taig at melbpc.org.au
Fri Aug 5 13:07:17 UTC 2011

Plugging in a simple Webcam I discovered that in order to work with
Ubuntu (in fact, with Linux) it needs a UVC Pack installed.  It's a
"Digitech QC3233 Driverless USB Webcam".

Naturally, ignoring the UVC requirement  didn't work :-)

We're attempting to run it under Ubuntu 10.04.

How does one obtain a UVC pack?

Computer is 64-bit AMD Sempron 3400+ running the .386 version.

Would it be simpler just to buy an alternative Webcam.  Would there be a
list of those that work and those what don't?

Any help greatly appreciated
GaryT