VLC - Inhibit the power management daemon during playback

ANDY sirald66 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 06:23:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I get this, since 9.10 has been EOL'd, and you say they are
> fixed with later releases, why not go for 10.04?

My point is that Ubuntu does choose to withhold fixes for current versions,
pushing them to future versions -- along with new bugs.

Each new Ubuntu version is a crap shoot on what bugs it will have, which
ones will be fixed and which ones will be pushed to a future version --
along with new bugs.

Sometimes its better to manually fix what you can and accept what is broken,
then burn time fixing a new round of bugs.  9.10 is EOL, but not obsolete.