Getting rid of Unity?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sat Apr 30 21:32:03 UTC 2011

On 04/30/2011 12:40 PM, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Saturday, April 30, 2011 9:12:42 am Gilles Gravier wrote:
>
>> The option I'm considering is KDE.
> A good option, that is what I use, BUT, remember back to 8.04 when KDE3 moved
> to KDE4?  It seemed Gnome users just laughed at all our problems and suggested
> we move to Gnome.  I said then just wait till the new edition of gnome which
> was already in the works to replace Gnome 2.  I think Unity, although quite
> rough yet, leapfrogs Gnome 3 in actual function.  I'd also suspect by next
> release to see alot of the faults we are finding now with the larger user base
> to be addressed just like it was for KDE4 .  Several have stated that they are
> moving to a different distro.  However, what they are doing is just postponing
> the inevitable!  The lagging distros are set to make this type of move too!

I've only read descriptions of Unity, not seen it, but if all the distros go
to that system, I will wipe all Linux and go back to Windows. Everything
(including Windows) seems to "improve" to the point where it is
uncomfortable
and/or difficult to use. If Windows 98 didn't BSOD all the time, I would be
happy to have it back. --doug

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley