Controlling Unity without a Windows key

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sat Apr 30 05:25:05 UTC 2011

On 04/29/2011 07:25 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Liam Proven<lproven at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I favour IBM keyboards. Therefore, I don't have a Windows key, not on
>> my desktops (all IBM Model M keyboards from the 1980s and 1990s,
>> including the Macs) or on my Thinkpad notebook. Is it possible to
>> remap a different key for controlling Unity?
>>
>> And what exactly does the Windows key do, anyway, as I have obviously
>> not been able to try it in the betas...
> You can define a superkey of your choice. It's needed for Unity.

If you don't mind my saying so, it's ridiculous to design anything that
_requires_ a Microsoft key.  You don't even need it for Windows--any
version.  (I'm with the IBM keyboard guy--I'm using one now.)

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley