Install wireless without cable connection

ssc1478 ssc1478 at aim.com
Sat Apr 30 00:37:56 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:39 AM, G. <pegngaryubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently have 10.10 installed.  I plan to dual boot with 11.04 (to
> test it on my system).  However, I do not have cable internet access,
> only wireless so I won't have internet access on my Dell mini 10
> (Broadcom 43xx).  Is there a way to install the broadcom adapter
> firmware without a cable connection?
>
> thanks
>
> gary

When I initially installed ubuntu on an eee box, the way I installed
with wireless activated so that I could get the wireless driver was to
boot into Ubuntu LiveCD then select to install from within the LiveCD
(instead of installing at boot.)  For some reason the wireless driver
was available to the LiveCD but not to the install image.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.