Ubuntu 11.04 Installation Problems

MirJafar Ali mirjafarali at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:30:14 UTC 2011

Hello

In the haste, I started installing Ubuntu 11.04 and now I can''t ever start
my desktop, Fortunately,
I can press F7 and go into command line and could see my files, which will
be useful in doing
backup now.

Is there any way I can get all the installed software prior to upgradation,
so that when I rebuild
the machine, I do not have to go all the pains ( and bashing from the team )
and install all the
software that existed on our machines.

Next time, I will be very careful in ungrading the Ubuntu, so that I do not
get fired from my job,

Please help, it is urgent, I need to make the machines up and upgradation,
it seems, it is going
to spoil my weekends and Job on moday.

Mir.