(OT) Re: Fully compatible with Microsoft Office?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 19:59:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 20:49 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 29 April 2011 20:34, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
> > Does this mean that they are unaware of the negative feedback re
> > Unity,
>
> No. They get feedback from many angles. I gave three of them some
> feedback over beer at the release party last night. There's nothing
> quite like talking to developers in a relaxed atmosphere to get them
> talking about the stuff they love and hate too :)

At Red Hat, we in tech support had to develop physic abilities to know
just when to even approach the devel types. If you saw the "thousand
yard stare" aimed in your general direction, you swiftly retreated
backwards, while kow-towing and genuflecting. That was the safe thing to
do, if you ever expected assistance. We had a pretty little red head
that we coaxed to do most of our talking with them. The devels were
putty in her hands.

I guess we should have plied them with beer, first. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256