Sun-Java 64 bit / running WebEx

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 18:11:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 01:32 -0700, Patton Echols wrote:
> I need to be able to connect to WebEx meetings, running lucid 64 bit.
>
> The instructions here:
> http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/ecrossley/2010/03/10/getting-webex-to-run-on-ubuntu-64-9x-and-higher
> Say to install the latest version (development version?) of the sun-java
> jre plugin and then purge the icetea6-plugin and the icedtea-6-jre-cacao
>
> My question is because that posting is a year old.  Is it still valid?
> Anyone know another / better way of getting webex working?

My Install of OpenWonderland (heavy java 3D graphical app/server) folks
like a house of cards with icetea. Once I install Sun Java, it becomes
the default... which is what you want. Just type java -version after you
install the sun-java jdk package and you'll have it all. It should show
that is the working java. Ric

Linux user# 44256