FBI looking at open source sites!

James p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:14:56 UTC 2011

Hi John

<johnstark at earthlink.net>

> > wrote:
> >> With as buggy as this junk is the FBI probably thinks Ubuntu and
Linux
> >> are
> >> virus programs designed to destroy the internet and computers
world
> >> wide. Can't blame them myself, this stuff is worse than anything
> >> Microsoft ever put out! there is nothing that works properly in it
or
> >> with it!
> >
> > I have heard (but not read) that the thin air one is exposed to
during
> > intergalaxy travel can _warp_ conclusions also :)

All OS's have their share of bugs. They're all created by rather fallible
creatures ....... Humans. Also people have likes and dislikes and oft like
to hate things. Seems you may be in the last cat there. That it doesn't
live up to your expectations isn't gonna kill it. Some people just set
their expectations way too high. They're the ones who are seldom
happy with things. I for one have far less hassles with Ubuntu (Linux in
general) than with Windows and I've been with Windows since the
win3.1 incarnation. The other prob oft seen is people jumping in and
not knowing what they're doing and then blaming everything but their
selves . My own brother is like that. Everything should be this or that
way. He has a picture in his mind of a perfect world. He constantly
needs reminding that the perfect world is the minds fiction. It just does
not exist

Re the FBI looking at open source software it atually says "open source
webpages" which covers more than just the software. Likely they see
open source as a way of smuggling illegal softwares and such or
possibly looking at forcing compliance with certain legislations to cut
down on pirating. That letter really gives nothing away so any
conclusion from it is pure speculation

James