Startup Process

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 01:02:03 UTC 2011

Hi, all -
I've been running my Ubuntu laptop for about 8 months now. It's updated to
the latest releases (10.4 LTS).
I'm running vrtubox 4 and have 1 winxp machine that I run approx. once daily
to check work mail and such.
Over the last couple of days I have noticed the host slowing down.
checking top, I saw virtualbox takin approx. 94% of CPU
I found article that spoke about setting the cpu value, and when I ran
taskset -p 1 <pid>

it seemed to help - for a while.

Over time with the virtual machine running, the host still slows down to the
point where I not only need to stop virtualbox, but even without it running,
the system is left in a slow state such that only a reboot restores the
performance.

Are there any other areas I can check to see how this is building up over
time?

Thanks, as always, for the input.

Regards
Jack