Removing items from Ubuntu menus

Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 07:28:44 UTC 2011

Hello all.

When I click on Applications, Office, I get several entries for
LibreOffice, even though I've uninstalled the app.  I went to System,
Preferences, Main Menu, thinking I could just erase them from at that
level and be done with it, but the LibreOffice entries aren't there!

I'm confused.  I thought I could access all of the menu entries from the
System, Preferences, Main Menu area.  Anyone have an idea of how else I
can get rid of the LibreOffice entries in the Applications, Office menu?

Thanks.