Explain to me again why Unity is so great...

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sun Apr 24 17:39:38 UTC 2011

On 04/24/2011 10:36 PM, Pastor JW wrote:

>>> Of course it will be 42, so don't panic and think pink.
>>> Also don't question.:-)
>>
>> Er.....can somebody please explain to me what's "42"?
>> (some ham radio code?)
>
> No, ...42 is the answer to everything!
>
>> Culturally off base here.
>
> Not really, we even have babelfish online!!!

Thanks again. I've actually seen the movie "The hitchikers guide to the
galaxy" (while reading the newspapers) and I've totally forgotten about
this (not quite another old fart).

But googling "the answer to life the universe and everything" (without
quote marks) gives "42".

Seems that only Steven Fry, friend of Douglas Adams know exactly why
Douglas chose the number "42" and he's not talking. And of course,
Douglas has taken this secret to his grave.

Cheerful chap, Douglas. Has made a wonderful narative on his trip to
madagascar to study lemurs, too.

WE need more guys like him.

Regards - Goh Lip
--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.