[Xubuntu11.04]-How To Place Item In Center Of Panel?

Pongo Pan pongo_pan at fastmail.us
Sun Apr 24 15:54:31 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-24 at 11:22 -0400, Jesse Palser wrote:
> [Xubuntu11.04]-How To Place Item In Center Of Panel?
>
> Hi,
>
> Been using Ubuntu with Gnome for years,
> but am VERY unhappy with its current development direction.
>
> I looked at KDE and hated that, but XFCE looks promising.
>
> Is it possible to position a panel item (say Clock) in the center of the
> panel?
> Completely new to Xubuntu, so be nice if I've overlooked the obvious.

The XFCE panel is very limited comparted to the GNOME one.  You can move
things around by using spacers and placing things between them, but it
is a pain.  I've taken to just living with where XFCE wants to put them.
There's lots of info about the panel at the XFCE web site, www.xfce.org.

It was a toss-up among CrunchBang, Lubuntu and Mint XFCE for this old
laptop: the crappy panel was an argument against Mint, but the overall
excellence of Debian-testing-based Mint won me over to it.

--
pongo pan
Diogenes up 1:45, 2 users, load average: 0.28, 0.13, 0.04