Ubuntu white screen

nathan forbes me.lists at nathanforbes.com
Sat Apr 23 22:49:03 UTC 2011

On Apr 23, 2011 5:13 PM, "Andrei Tudor" <andrei.tudor at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install ubuntu 10.10 on a hp pavillon tx 1400. Every time
after the ubuntu load screen, I get a white screen. i have tried 10.04, but
with the same results. There is a problem with the battery of the laptop,
that does not charge, but this is due to the adapter.
> What can I do to fix the white screen at boot?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrei

A white screen like you describe is generally caused when either your video
card is not supported or your video card is not setup properly for direct
rendering stuff. What kind of video card to you have in this computer?
Looking at the output of 'lspci -v' in a console should show it.