Explain to me again why Unity is so great...

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 22 20:58:29 UTC 2011

On 22 April 2011 21:43, Alan Pope <popey at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 22 April 2011 20:26, Zach <zach at zcsmith.com> wrote:
>>     I'm asking this in all sincerity as I'm trying to grasp as to why Ubuntu
>> is so hell-bent on promoting this desktop when, from what I've seen so far,
>> it's nothing to write home about.
>
> Given this is a support list, your question is somewhat offtopic, and
> despite the disclaimer could well be seen as trollish, especially when
> worded the way it is.

I suggest that asking for help in understanding the logic behind the
evolution of Ubuntu is a perfectly valid subject for this list.  An
answer would increase the readers understanding of Ubuntu and where it
is going and would presumably help us to get the most out of the OS.

So is there an answer to the question as to why Ubuntu is going down
this route?  Hopefully the answer is not 42.

Colin