Oh, please, please, COME ON Ubuntu development people! <OT>

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 00:01:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 10:26 -0400, Douglas Pollard wrote:
>     I just realised I feel like I am on Welfare and from Conical point
> of view I am.

OR! The Other View is that you/we are in Gift-Debt, by standing on the
shoulders of those of great talent that provide us with this "gift",
And, since we cannot directly pay them back, being moral beings we repay
on our Gift Debt by paying it forward. Like helping out the next guy and
spreading the Gospel. Nothing wrong with that at all, and in these
extremely weird times of financial crisis, universal lack of Brotherly
Love and world upheaval, our just paying it forward is about as good as
one can hope to expect from anyone else. It does keeps the world
spinning in "greased grooves". Since Brother Mark writes about such
things, I don't think he sees you/us as on "welfare". Not if you pay it
forward.

As far as sounder goes, on the old Caldera List we yakked away on it,
but made darn sure that those who couldn't care less about this kind of
over-the-fence-yak could easily filter it out with <OT> on the subject
line. Those that enjoy longish threads that arise from some topic, when
some forgotten memory was called forth to be shared... If the <OT> rule
was/is fastidiously applied, there is the best of both worlds.

It's a thought. But, that was in the "Old Days". Ric

Linux user# 44256