Is there a testing framework for end users?

Mister IT Guru misteritguru at gmx.com
Mon Apr 18 17:51:27 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 19:32 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 17 April 2011 19:03, Mister IT Guru <misteritguru at gmx.com> wrote:
> > That got me thinking, and I would like to know if there is a testing
> > framework in place, so that I can put my laptop, and probably some of my
> > other hardware that is laying around, through it's paces with Natty, and
> > report back so to speak.
> >

> sudo apt-get install ubuntu-qa-tools
>
> then run
>
> checkbox-gtk
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Thanks, I just ran this and I don't see a test for touch screens! Darn,
I was too expectant at first, and I am now thinking, that I recall
reading that touch screens can appear as a mouse to the system?

Are the tests in checkbox-gtk good enough to test tablet pc or
touchscreen devices?

(going to run the full tests that are ticked anyway, and carry on down
that route, I'd like some hints and tips please, thank you!)