FW: Re: How can I force a package to be removed, even if it is in a "bad state" ?

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon Apr 18 10:02:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 01:08:49PM +0800, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

> >From google:
> HTH

I am still getting tthe following failure after trying the 2 commands
sugested thre:

oot at ubuntu:~# sudo dpkg --purge --force-remove-reinstreq
flashplugin-nonfree
dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
  (Reading database ... 464087 files and directories currently installed.)
  Removing flashplugin-nonfree ...
  update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for iceape-flashplugin.
  update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for iceape-flashplugin.
  dpkg: error processing flashplugin-nonfree (--purge):
   subprocess installed pre-removal script returned error exit status 2
   postinst called with argument `abort-remove'
   dpkg: error while cleaning up:
	subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
	status 1
	 flashplugin-nonfree

 What can I try now?