which os on which partition?

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Apr 18 07:58:33 UTC 2011

On 04/18/2011 03:39 PM, Doug wrote:
> Doesn't work.  Here are the results:
>>
>> [doug at localhost ~]$ cat /media/disk-x/etc/lsb-release
>> cat: /media/disk-x/etc/lsb-release: No such file or directory
>> [doug at localhost ~]$ cd /boot/grub
>> [doug at localhost grub]$ grub> cat (hd0,x)/etc/lsb-release
>> bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> Maybe it just needs a tweak, I don't know.  I did manage to figure it
> out, with a little prodding from the previous writer.  But I would like
> to know how to do it.
>
> thanx--doug

Make sure these partitions are mounted. I assumed you've labelled these
disk-x yourself and directories exists in /media/

As an example try this and check it out.....
sudo mkdir /media/disk-5
sudo mount /dev/sda10 /media/disk-5
cat /media/disk-5/etc/lsb-release

Oh, you used 'x' instead of real numbers.....   :)

Take care - Goh Lip