which os on which partition?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Mon Apr 18 02:19:27 UTC 2011

I have Xp and 4 Linuxes on this laptop.  I'd like to keep two Linuxes
and erase the other two, so as to try a different
os (or two)  on the machine.  The problem is, I can only be sure of some
of the partitions ; from grub I can puzzle out  some of the partitions,
but there are two I can't ID--sda9 and sda10. Here is the df output,
with my known systems
added on:
doug at localhost ~]$ df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail  Use% Mounted on          Known
/dev/sda5              12G   3.9G   7.4G 35%
/                             PCLOS
/dev/sda7              11G  561M   10G   6% /home                     PCLOS
/dev/sda9              33G  176M   32G   1% /media/disk             ?
/dev/sda8              28G   5.5G   21G  21% /media/disk-1         Debian
/dev/sda13            46G   3.1G   41G    8% /media/disk-2         MINT
/dev/sda11            33G   2.8G   29G    9% /media/disk-3         Ubuntu
/dev/sda1              31G    20G   11G  64% /media/disk-4         XP
/dev/sda10            20G   4.6G   15G  25% /media/disk-5         ?

I _think_sda9 is Ubuntu, but not sure.  I'm looking at this from PCLOS.
If it would help  to look from one of the
other distros, please suggest which, and what to look for, and where.
(Some of this I got from grub's menu.lst,
some from working from Dolphin and from knowing what was where.)

Is there any software that will "fish out" the distro name from the
available information?

Thanx--doug