Oh, please, please, COME ON Ubuntu development people!

Gilles Gravier ggravier at fsfe.org
Fri Apr 15 09:10:49 UTC 2011

What I want to add to the debate is that this is a "BETA" version. We
are talking about a product not yet finished. Not yet ready for
mission-critical use.

I understand Basil being upset. But in a way, he "asked for it". When
one downloads a beta, one does so expecting to get into trouble, and to
report these bugs. And complaining strongly that a beta is buggy is,
well, to say the least, not what is expected of a user of a beta.

That kind of complaining *MIGHT* be justified *ONLY* once the product is
final... :)

Gilles.