user not in sudoers (SOLVED)

Johan Scheepers johansche at telkomsa.net
Thu Apr 14 09:10:53 UTC 2011

On 04/14/2011 03:47 AM, Tom H wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM, scott<redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com>  wrote:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the correct way to edit
>> /etc/sudoers was with "visudo".
> Correct but you need sudo privileges to use visudo because
> "/etc/sudoers" has 0440 perms and owned by root:root.

Good Day,
First... Thanks to all the list members that gave advice.

I tried some of the suggestions but the OS did not respond as expected.
So ... Reinstalled and the first thing was to "sudo passwd root"
Voila... worked as expected and that is the way I like it.

"Very interesting".
https://launchpad.net/~unity-2d-team/+archive/unity-2d-daily

Regards
Johan S