Ubuntu on Tablets - Inspiron Duo

Mister IT Guru misteritguru at gmx.com
Thu Apr 14 08:56:10 UTC 2011

I'm trying to advise my work place with regards to tablet PC's
specifically the Dell Inspiron Duo

I came across this page http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/18761/ and I'm
wondering how to establish if these ideas are no longer ideas and
actually in ubuntu 10.10 netbook remix.

That idea was posted in 09, so I'm assuming that something has moved on
this idea. Maybe it needs updating.

Now personally, I have one of these devices, and I have no problem
tweaking it to get it working, but I'm guessing a sales force of 13
people are not going to want to do that! So I'm hoping that the netbook
remix has enough features working out the box.

I'm currently going to get on testing this device with various linux
distros, (i do prefer ubuntu, but I am looking for out the box
functionality for my users), and hopefully I get good results. Feel free
to comment and advise.

Thanks List