Seamonkey print to file [Solved]

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sun Apr 10 03:42:23 UTC 2011

NoOp wrote:
> On 04/09/2011 06:14 AM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
>> NoOp wrote:

>>> Mine all default to output.pdf (no changes to about:config). Darned if I
>>> can remember how I did it... I'll dig around&   see if I can figure it out.
>>
>> Happens to me all the time, figure something out and in the future
>> forget how I did it.  At least now I know it is possible.
>>
>>> Build identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:2.0pre)
>>> Gecko/20110406 Firefox/4.0pre SeaMonkey/2.1b3pre
>>>
>>> Also the same on SeaMonkey 2.0.13.
>>>

>> For me the default for Firefox 4 is also .ps.
>
> For FF4: open about:config and search on print_to_filename
> and change from .ps to .pdf. Oddly enough, I found that the only one
> that made any difference was the one for my regular default printer:
>
> print.printer_MP750.print_to_filename;/home/gl/mozilla.pdf
>
> Change them one at a time&  until you find one that works for you.

OK, that worked for me. Based on your results, I just changed it on my
default printer and it now defaults to .pdf

> Just got in off the water (sailing this weekend)&  I'll keep digging
> around for the SeaMonkey settings and/or try to figure out how I go mine
> to default to output.pdf.

Sailing, must be nice.  Actually it got up to 70 here in Ill and I am
starting to think about fishing.

> Gary

The same thing works for Seamonkey, I just did it.  I almost had it
awhile ago. in Seamonkey there is a
print.printer_Print_to_File.print_to_filename  = /home/jfb/.ps which I
tried changing but it did no good.  I somehow overlooked the
/home/jfb/mozilla.ps entry.

Because I was curious I changed my default printer and shutdown
Seamonkey.  Restarted Seamonkey and the .pdf default stuck so you can
change your default printer and not mess up the setting.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,  Jim