screen resolution

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 02:36:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 11:07 +1200, chris wrote:

> Writing xorg files just seem to be ignored.
>
> Ideas please before I go completely insane

Didja try removing the Nuevau <sp?> driver package, then reboot? Crap,
can't spell it. My previous card was a FX-5200, and it worked well. It's
not a graphics monster by any stretch, but it should do what you want it
to do. I remember having a similar issue in the past. I go out of my way
to insure that the Nuevau package isn't installed so nothing tries to
replace or confuse the nVidia driver.  It's kind of like Pulse, you love
it cause it works for you or you don't. There is little in-between.

:) Ric

Linux user# 44256