11.04 B1 Btrfs

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Fri Apr 8 15:30:42 UTC 2011

On Wed, April 6, 2011 09:35, Chris Jones wrote:

>> With a clean install of 11.04 B1, I partitioned slice0 for / with
>> Btrfs and slice1 for /home with ext4. Did a touch, dd, mkswap to
>> produce a swapfile successfully but swapon failed (Swapon failed -
>> invalid argument). Switched to a swapfile on /home and it succeeded.
>> Any reason why swapfile/swapon on Btrfs have this problem? Previously,
>> there was no problem when / was on ext4.
>
> <http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?rls=ig#sclient=psy&hl=en&rls=ig&site=webhp&q=swap+file+btrfs&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=fd9968dce3a5f9ff>

If you are going to answer with a Google search, at least have the
courtesy of cleaning up the url. We don't need all those parameters.
Something short like this suffices:

http://www.google.com/#q=swap+file+btrfs

Meanwhile Google is already poisoned and this search is biting its own
tail. The top results are topics from this thread, which makes a Google
search useless.

That being said, I believe that this is the answer to the question:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=35054394c4b3cecd52577c2662c84da1f3e73525