audio problems in 10.10

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 03:38:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Jamie Paul Griffin <jamie at gnix.co.uk> wrote:

>> I strongly urge you to look back through the archives of this list -
>> this subject has been discussed at length many times.
>
> i searched the internet before posting and have already read through some similar stuff posted in the past. i would like to know if i need to install a driver, if so where can i get, etc. a lot of the stuff i read dated back to 2008/09 so maybe it's not relevent now.
>
> can anyone help?

Yeah, I get frustrated with that, too.  You'd think there would be an
easy to find at least one link for searches on this list, something
I've not found.  (I admit I haven't looked too hard, either.  Gary
seems to know where they all are.)

General discussions rotate around removing the pulse audio system and
just using the underlying ALSA drivers and apps, which is what works
for me on two (very) different U10.10 machines.  OTOH, what sound I
have on my U10.10 laptop works fine as installed, so I dunno.

I wasn't trying to put you off, but as Ric pointed out, this really
has been done to death here.  Strange that it isn't easier to locate.