printing to pdf prob

James p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 01:38:50 UTC 2011

Hi NoOp

> On 04/07/2011 04:30 PM, James wrote:
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > Up til yesterday if I printed to a pdf file I got the entire contents of
> > what I was printing. After yesterdays updates which told me cups-
pdf was
> > deprecated and removed I think (reinstalled it via synaptic) I get
only
> > the first page and nothing more. I've tried looking at the settings
for
> > the pdf printer to no avail. This also happens with the print to file
> > option. Any ideas on how to correct this? btw, Ubuntu 10.04 and
was
> > trying to print a web page.
>
> If it's happening with print to file also then my _guess_ would be that
> it's a cups issue overall & possibly a spool problem.  Check:
>
> /var/log/cups access and error logs to see if you can find an
> instance/error there. Also
>
> /var/spool/cups-pdf to see if there is anything stuck there.
>
> I'd target on the print to file (PTF) issue first. Once that's working
> then my guess is that cups-pdf will follow.
>
> Try after restarting cups:
>
> $ sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart
> or
> $ sudo service cups restart
>
> then try a PTF with a multipage to see if that works. Also look at the
> logs/settings of the application you are using to print the pdf (what it
> is BTW?).
>
> More:

<http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&complete=0&site=webhp&sourc

e=hp&q=ubuntu+%2Bprint+to+file+%2Bpdf+only+printing+first+page&btnG=Search>

checked thru the cups and cups-pdf folders. Nothing at all in the cups-
pdf or its child folders. The cups folder however has a number of filels
numbered sequentially from c00046 - c00544. I don't know with what
to view the files or even if they're helpfull or can be just deleted. I
suspect they can be deleted. Could they represent stuck jobs? Thought
I'd check the print que as well and nothing shows there which doesn't
surprise me. Followed your link and found possibly a bug in evince so
am installing acroread to see if that's the prob. Interesting that it might
be a reader bug rather than printing. Will post back the result

James