Apache child process crashes frequently

Harry Strongburg harry.ubuntu at harry.lu
Wed Apr 6 02:31:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 07:05:34AM +0530, Basil Kurian wrote:
> When our PHP application is deployed on apache, its child process
> often get crashed, creating coredump in errror.log. We are
> experiencing this problem in both Ubuntu and debian installations.
>
> Please see this error.log http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/589646/ .

Have you tried installing a different httpd (such as lighttpd or nginx),
to see if it's an Apache issue? If it runs fine on a different httpd,
then you can "guarantee" that it's an Apache issue and not something
else (PHP or otherwise). Another interesting thing you can try would be
compiling Apache by yourself and testing with that, instead of the
Ubuntu packages.