Info. on Netbooks Requested

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:48:01 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before.  I've never paid any
attention to any of the netbook discussions because I don't deal with them;
that, however, recently changed.

Someone I know -- call him "X" -- has asked me for my advice (yes, I know --
that's shocking) on how to proceed with acquiring a netbook for the purpose
of accessing the 'Web from home.

"Well, this will be as easy as pie," I thought as I looked up the ratings in
the Dec./2010 issue of *Consumers Report.*  *Man was I WRONG!!!*

Neither Dell, Toshiba nor Lenovo allow for the possibility of shipping
netbooks without Windows (I haven't checked ASUS yet).  *SO:**  *Where can I
find information on netbook manufacturers that give people a choice as to
what -- if any -- O.S.(s) will be preloaded *onto* or excluded *from* the
unit?

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.libreoffice.org/ (Nathan Bahn)