Preparing Ubuntu 10.04 new install - 32 or 64 bit? Please suggest.

Juan R. de Silva juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 05:36:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 00:01:44 -0400, Nathan Bahn wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Juan R. de Silva
> <juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Hopefully Debian would be still around as an alternative.  You see,
>> once upon a time I left windows because I did not like being forced
>> doing things the way somebody else wants me to do them. If Ubuntu
>> decides to take the same path... Well, I already discovered a world of
>> Linux. --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>

> J.R.d.S.--
>
> I heard from someone -- whose judgment I absolutely trust -- who
> expressed a very similar reservation about the GNOME D.E. and instead,
> recommended Kubuntu.

Unfortunately for me I've never was able to stand KDE.  I just dislike it
without any specific reason. Just a personal taste I guess. So for me it
is not an option.

The changes to GNOME, both GNOME 3 and Unity, are quite a trouble for me
since I always liked GNOME 2.x and I do not like neither of mentioned. :-(