Promise TX4302 SATA controller

Жиденков Андрей bff7755a at yandex.ru
Sun Apr 3 13:22:32 UTC 2011

I've bought Promise TX4302 SATA controller. When I plug hdd, there's no any messages in dmesg.

lspci -vv tells me:

00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) 2 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 85 [Master SecO PriO])
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 8277
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 22
        I/O ports at a000 [size=8]
        I/O ports at 9c00 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 9880 [size=8]
        I/O ports at 9800 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 9480 [size=16]
        I/O ports at 9400 [size=16]
        Capabilities: [b0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=06 <?>
        Kernel driver in use: ata_piix

So, I think ata_piix driver in use. But how can I make this work?

Andrey.